A Visual Lectio on Jesus




Take time to reflect on the image.  As you look at this image of Jesus, what words of the Christ come to your mind?  What Scripture passage or phrase does the Holy Spirit bring to you today?

Whatever that verse or word or phrase, take that as a guide for your prayer through this coming day.  Read or say that verse or phrase out loud if you have time or space to do so.  If not, silently reflect and pray.

As I have spent time with this image, these were the words of Jesus that came to me.  If none, came to you, consider using this verse as you go through your day:
"And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."    Matthew 26:39


This was given to me by my son, an original piece he did this fall semester.   

4 comments:

Ken L. Hagler said...

Thanks tbolto. My son said, "cool."

Brenda A-B said...

This image is haunting. I heard John 17: Father, I'm praying for them and for all who believe in me because of them. Watch over them, and make them holy in your word (my paraphrase).

Ken L. Hagler said...

Brenda, what a great verse. I can see those words of Jesus in the image myself. Thanks for sharing your experience.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP