Use the Comment Card-Taking & Giving Criticism

Anonymous often breeds rudeness.

My apologies to anonymous, you've written so much great stuff. Yet for it all, you seem often times to revel in rudeness. I guess the old adage is true, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then."

I've had to book a number of hotel/motel stays this year and have read the most outlandish reviews online. More often than not, the criticism has to do with expectations that most times were unrealistic to begin with. I've never expected a roadside motel to measure up to a five-star resort. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and keep my expectations realistic. Very rarely have I been disappointed. More often, I've been surprised about how great things were!

Funny thing is though, that while people won't say things about some stuff, most times they have little difficulty in telling pastors what they did wrong. Often, they are even rude about it.

Make Words Happy is a great blog regarding how Everyone's A Critic. The blog makes a great point on how to take it:
So, what do you say to those finicky folks, whose opinions you couldn’t care less about? A simple “thank you” will do. Take the criticism for what it’s worth, which sometimes isn’t much. But always keep your ears open. You never know when those golden nuggets of wisdom will appear.

But what about giving it?
1. If you're giving criticism, give it as you'd like to receive it.
Says it all I think

2. When possible, share your expectations so someone has a point of reference.
I mean, if you got something for nothing just what are you complaining about?

3. Be gracious and humble.
Just because your expectations weren't fulfilled, did you ever look at or read the description?

4. NEVER be anonymous.
If you're going to put it out there, put on your big boy underwear or your big girl panties. Criticism ought to help a person, a church, or a business, fix errors or do better in which case, they may have an additional question(s). But I imagine, if you didn't do the first 3, chances are you won't do the fourth anyway."

BONUS: You can always use the comment card or online survey when you're not sure how to give criticism.

Careless words stab like a sword, but the words of wise people bring healing. The word of truth lasts forever, but lies last only a moment. (Proverbs 12:18-19 GW)


MAY I ASK: When was the last time you received criticism? When was the last time you gave it?

MAY I SUGGEST: Compare those experiences to the list above. How did they do? How did you do? What did you learn? What will you do different in the future?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

123 123 said...

Cool article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about this theme. Thanks for posting this material.
Sexy Lady
Call girls

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP