The Mess In My Office (and everywhere else)

I hate my home office. It is small and cramped. It is asked to hold far too much junk (kinda like my brain). It is, in fact, a mess. Thankfully, my kids don't realize they could make the argument that if they have to pick up their rooms, I should have to clean my office.

Messy is quite the theme of my life right now and not just because that is what I'm preaching at Crossroads too.. I've noticed that it seems to be appropriate for most of us these days. Within certain segments of the Church as a whole, things are bit messy such as over at TeamPyro and their discussion on preaching. It happened a little closer to home in the UMC with the departure of Bryson Butts and his team.

“A person of great understanding is patient, but a short temper is the height of stupidity. A tranquil heart makes for a healthy body, but jealousy is like cancer.“ (Proverbs 14:29-30 GW)

I have watched and felt the pain of stuff blowing up on people over and over again. I sure see it in my own life. I'm not making editorial on either of the incidents listed above mind you, they just happen to be out there right now. What I do know is that we live in a messy world and the Church is tainted by the mess. There is such a tremendous need all around for both understanding and a tranquil heart.

Need I go into the results of jealousy and temper? I think likely, that is not necessary. What is necessary is to consider next time, before speaking out, before moving in one direction or another, or before I ask my kids to pick up their rooms tonight, to seek to understand and seek peace.

Maybe I'll pick-up some of my office too.

1 comments:

Corie Drane said...

Haven't it crossed your mind that perhaps your kids don't clean their rooms because they see that your office is messy? LOL. I guess, if you need your children to pick up their mess, you have to do it first. Don't let your temper get in the way, okay? Good luck, Ken!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP