Things You're Missing Maybe Right In Front

I logged over 14,000 steps on Friday in the Sheffield and Paulding Wildlife Management Areas. I had two goals:

1. To get to 20,000 steps for the first time this year for my HealthMiles (I did).
2. Track turkeys in preparation for the spring season (I did that too).

So as not to give the turkeys any more reason to be wary, I’m about done tracking till season opens.

Even so, yesterday, early in the day, I did a “shot call” – a call designed to startle a response in a male turkey to gobble. I heard nothing. Mind you, I’m standing still, all camo – silent on the access road. I wait – take two steps – BOOM! Off to my right at least 7 turkeys fly from their roost. Never saw them or heard them.

Twenty minutes later, half mile down the road, I hear the tom gobble and listen as the WMA “lit-up” with hen clucks as the flock gathered back together and then silently disappeared into the early morning sunrise.

For all my miles hiking, I am more impressed with what I’ve learned from wildlife and nature this past year since I began hunting. Yesterday showed me the beauty of nature and wildlife I’ve missed in sport of tracking and being patient.

I still have a ways to go both in hunting turkey and faithful following but these words by Oswald Chambers are a good reminder for both…

“We look for visions from heaven, for earthquakes and thunders of God's power..., and we never dream that all the time God is in the commonplace things and people around us. If we will do the duty that lies nearest, we shall see Him.”


May I Ask: What have you noticed lately about God right in front of your nose?
May I Suggest: Be patient this week. Notice things. Try and find one thing you've been missing each day. When you do, share it here and be thankful!

1 comments:

lori said...

Pastor Ken,
It was great talking with you yesterday afternoon...
Thanks for taking the time, you'll be seeing us!!

Peace,
Lori MacMath

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP