Praying Through Economic Difficulties and Changes

Probably the hardest thing right now with our economy for me, is hearing the struggles of my friends and network. I'm thankfully through my networks to help some people find work but not all. In our short time, Crossroads UMC has been able to help some families as well. That doesn't make it any easier.

I've learned in the last few months that finding the right words to pray can be difficult. Sometimes we need the help of others too. My faith has been impacted greatly by praying written prayers recently. I hope these might guide your prayers and so impact you and the world around you.

For those searching for work:

Father, I turn to You seeking Your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment. I want to use the gifts and talents You have given me. I'm ready for the opportunity to use them with gainful employment. Thank You for the resources to meet my daily expenses at home as well as the expenses incurred with job seeking. Grant peace on my home in these times when things are so uncertain. I pray for the confidence to grow out of my comfort zone with future interviews and prospects. I give thanks in advance for opening possibilities. In all things, may you give me strength as I try to live by faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

A prayer for those who are unemployed:

Heavenly Father, we remember before you those who suffer
want and anxiety from lack of work. Guide the people of this
land so to use our public and private wealth that all may find
suitable and fulfilling employment, and receive just payment
for their labor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

From The Book of Common Prayer


I also add this prayer For Sound Government as our nation marks the change of administration:

O Lord our Governor, bless the leaders of our land, that we
may be a people at peace among ourselves and a blessing to
other nations of the earth.
Lord, keep this nation under your care.

To the President and members of the Cabinet, to Governors
of States, Mayors of Cities, and to all in administrative
authority, grant wisdom and grace in the exercise of their
duties.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

To Senators and Representatives, and those who make our
laws in States, Cities, and Towns, give courage, wisdom, and
foresight to provide for the needs of all our people, and to
fulfill our obligations in the community of nations.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

To the Judges and officers of our Courts give understanding
and integrity, that human rights may be safeguarded and
justice served.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

And finally, teach our people to rely on your strength and to
accept their responsibilities to their fellow citizens, that they
may elect trustworthy leaders and make wise decisions for
the well being of our society; that we may serve you
faithfully in our generation and honor your holy Name.
For yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as
head above all. Amen.

From The Book of Common Prayer

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP