It takes work to make a thing go right!

Tom, my senior pastor, and I were talking about the ministry of preaching. We both agreed it takes a lot of work to be able to get up and preach on Sunday morning in a way that makes people think it doesn't take a lot of work. It takes work to make a thing go right.

Activeness propels Excellence

There are a lot of folks wasting time and some might consider what I'm doing now flushing minutes down the toilet. Fine. But the real focus shouldn't be on what I'm doing but on what you're not doing because I am doing something...and why aren't you doing anything?

Writing and reading and researching are not busy work but an exercise in using intelligence. It is not busy work but needed work for anyone to rise above mediocrity. So if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do.

Oh, and may I ask: How are you being active today?

1 comments:

kinn2him said...

hmmmm... well i read this, for one... i also have talked with my mentor, have spent time in prayer preparation for a retreat this weekend... and i have been praying for a few pastors i know... great post, by the way!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP