1. Take Time To Discern. While I’m not writing here as much, I am still writing, and listening, and praying, and reading, and...you get the idea. When I wrote I would be doing a period of discernment, I wasn’t kidding. The practices of fasting and prayer have really provided a grounding for me, especially combining weekly breath prayers with the times of fasting. I think fasting may be getting way off course in over-spiritualizing fasting. In my experience and reading, fasting comes down to this: obeying God - denying self. You then are coming to pray doing precisely what God said to do. God longs for disciples who will trust and obey (I think there is an old hymn by that title as a matter of fact). God has not failed to show up.
- Little to no TV...that includes Netflix and Crackle.
- Dropping back on Facebook...I love FB but it is only on my laptop. No phone or tablet app.
- Diet...Learned to eat healthy for my body. Feels great.
- Exercise...again, learned what works for my body and really changed me.
- Sleep...when I need it, where I need it.
Much love from the valley of suck my friends!
Image used with permission: http://www.freeimages.com/photo/just-thinking-1241037